Countryside Presents: Mary Poppins Jr.!
February 8-9, 2020
Please read below for audition information:
- 4th Grade: September 17th, 1pm-3pm
- 5th Grade: September 24th, 1pm-3pm
- 3rd Grade: No auditions necessary. 3rd graders are welcome to participate as part of our junior chorus, which will require attendance at 3 rehearsals plus dress rehearsal. 3rd graders will also in a scene that includes singing and dancing to “Jolly Holiday.”
Register 5th and 4th graders for auditions here: Audition Sign Up
- Each child is expected to sing one minute of a song (preferably Broadway – examples from Mary Poppins include “A Spoonful of Sugar” “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” “Chim Chim Cheree” and “Anything Can Happen.”)
- Children must also memorize one of the passages below to act out for us.
Note: This year, students will have the chance to audition privately, rather than in front of the whole group. In order to make this possible, we are asking parents to stay during the auditions to help manage the children while they wait for their audition time in the lower cafeteria. Please email us if you can manage the auditions.
Students are also welcome to perform a short dance or gymnastic routine for us, learned in class or created on their own, but we will not be teaching an audition dance this year; this is optional.
The auditions will take place from 1-2pm, but we will keep the children until 3:00pm to begin learning some of the music everyone will sing and some of the “Supercal” hand motions. Mary Poppins Jr. is a particularly long script for us, with many songs, so it’s important for us to start rehearsing right away. (Children can eat their lunch in the lower cafeteria from 12:30-1pm, before the auditions begin.)
Please consider these performance dates when deciding whether or not your child can participate: February 8, 2020 5:00 p.m.; February 9, 2020 2:00 p.m.
measuring the kids and reading from the measuring tape) Now, stand over there. Just as I thought. “A noisy, mischievous, troublesome little boy.” Now you, Jane. “Thoughtless, short-tempered and untidy.” Some minor improvements may not go amiss. But at all times you must remember this…I like games. But I choose them.
That’s quite enough tommyrot for one day! Will you please go to the nursery and let me get to work! It won’t help anyone to make me late! Precision and order, that’s all that I ask.
(Mr. or Mrs.) NORTHBROOK
Have you come to your decision, Mr. Banks? There’s a town full of good people whose future depends on you. Give us this chance. The factory could be running in weeks and expanding before the year’s out. Please, Mr. Banks. I’d give it everything I’ve got.
I tell you what: why don’t we start things off with a bit of a shake for good luck? Didn’t anyone ever tell you it’s lucky to shake a chimney sweep’s hand? Now look at this kite! Of course you want to fly one with your father. But you need to know how it’s done. Get some training in, and you’ll make him the proudest father in the whole bloomin’ empire!